"Personal data" is information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
PERSONAL DATA THAT IS PROCESSED WHEN YOU CREATE A Fjällcom ACCOUNT:
When you create a Fjällcom account, we ask you to provide your email address and name. You can choose to provide only your first name or a nickname instead of your full name if you wish.
PURPOSES AND LEGAL GROUNDS:
- Fjällcom processes your email address because you use your email address and your password to sign in to your account. The legal ground for processing your email address for this purpose is based on Fjällcom’s legitimate interest in protecting the security of your account.
- If you provide your opt-in consent to receiving marketing information from Fjällcom, Fjällcom will also process your email address for the purpose of sending you marketing information about Fjällcom products and apps. The legal ground for processing your email address for this purpose is your consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time by changing your preferences in your Fjällcom account or through the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our marketing emails. The marketing emails you receive from Fjällcom are based on the preferences you provide in your Fjällcom account, the locale indicated by your IP address, the types of Fjällcom devices you have added to your Fjällcom account, and any subscriptions included in your Fjällcom account. The legal ground for processing this data for this purpose is Fjällcom’s legitimate interest in reducing the number of marketing emails sent to each particular customer by selecting which customers receive a particular marketing email rather than sending every marketing email to every customer who has consented to receiving marketing emails.
- Fjällcom also processes your email address to associate it with your Fjällcom account when you interact with our customer support representatives. The legal ground for this processing is Fjällcom’s legitimate interest in providing quality customer support.
PERSONAL DATA THAT IS PROCESSED WHEN YOU SIGN IN TO YOUR Fjällcom ACCOUNT WITH SOCIAL MEDIA CREDENTIALS IF YOU CHOOSE:
You may choose to sign in to your Fjällcom account using your social media sign in credentials (e.g., your Facebook sign in credentials). If you choose to do this, the first time you do so you will be asked whether you agree that the social media provider may provide certain information to Fjällcom, such as your name, email address, profile photo, posts, comments and other information associated with your social media account.
All of this information is made available to Fjällcom by the social media provider due to the way the social sign-on configuration works. However, the only information Fjällcom retains and processes is your email address. If you do not want your information to be shared with Fjällcom by the social media provider, then you can simply sign in to your Fjällcom account using your Fjällcom account credentials instead of your social media account credentials.
PURPOSE AND LEGAL GROUND:
Fjällcom associates the email address provided by the social media provider with your Fjällcom account so that you can use your email address to sign in to your Fjällcom account in the future if you no longer wish to sign in using your social media account credentials. The legal ground for processing this information for this purpose is Fjällcom’s legitimate interest in providing you an alternative sign in method and in securing your account.
PERSONAL DATA THAT IS PROCESSED WHEN YOU PURCHASE A SUBSCRIPTION TO THE FJÄLLCOM SATELLITE COMMUNICATION SERVICES:
When you purchase a Fjällcom subscription, Fjällcom collects your email address, mailing address, billing address, telephone number, and contact information for your chosen emergency contacts. A third party, BOKIO.SE, processes your payment card information when you purchase a subscription to the Fjällcom satellite communication services. We recommend you carefully review BOKIO.SE online policies (http://www.bokio.se).
PURPOSE AND LEGAL GROUND:
- Fjällcom processes your email address for the purposes of associating it with your subscription to the Fjällcom satellite communication services, enabling you to send emails to and receive emails from other users of Fjällcom devices, and to send you billing and other information about your subscription to the Fjällcom satellite communication services. The legal ground for processing your email address for these purposes is performance of the subscription contract.
- Fjällcom processes your mailing address because Fjällcom emergency center and the Fjällcom emergency center International Emergency Response Coordination Center (the "IERCC") use the mailing addresses of Fjällcom subscribers to determine if the SOS button has been activated inadvertently by a subscriber at his or her residence. The legal ground for this processing is Fjällcom’s legitimate interest in minimizing the number of false alarms.
- Fjällcom processes your telephone number because it is used by Fjällcom emergency center and IERCC to determine whether the subscriber has inadvertently activated the SOS button at his or her residence, and it is used by Fjällcom to communicate with subscribers about billing information. The legal ground for this processing is Fjällcom’s legitimate interest in minimizing the number of false alarms and in communicating with subscribers about their billing information.
- Fjällcom processes contact information for your chosen emergency contacts so that Fjällcom and/or Fjällcom emergency center and IERCC can communicate with them in the event you are involved in an emergency. The legal ground for this processing is Fjällcom’s legitimate interest in communicating with your chosen emergency contacts in the event you are involved in an emergency.
- Fjällcom processes your email address for purposes of sending you subscriber retention emails if you reside in the United States and do not opt-out of receiving such emails or if you reside outside of the United States and opt-in to receiving such emails. The legal ground for this processing is your consent, which you may withdraw at any time.
PERSONAL DATA THAT IS PROCESSED WHEN YOU USE THE Fjällcom SATELLITE COMMUNICATION SERVICES:
The Fjällcom products and satellite communication services are designed to be used as a means of communicating the need for emergency response to appropriate authorities. For Fjällcom, its affiliates and its service providers to perform this service, Fjällcom processes text, SMS and email messages sent to and from your Fjällcom device, and Fjällcom processes the location of your Fjällcom device when your Fjällcom device communicates with Iridium satellites.
PERSONAL DATA THAT IS PROCESSED WHEN YOU COMMUNICATE WITH Fjällcom REPRESENTATIVES OR Fjällcom APP:
When you interact with our customer support representatives via email, telephone, online or in person, we collect personal data, such as your name, mailing address, phone number, email address and contact preferences; and information about the Fjällcom products you purchase, such as satellite device model and date of purchase, and information about your subscriptions. We also may create event logs that are useful in diagnosing product or app performance-related issues, and capture information relating to the support or service issue. To improve customer service, subject to applicable laws, we may also record and review conversations with customer support representatives, and analyze any feedback provided to us through voluntary customer surveys. With your consent, our customer support representatives may sign in to your Fjällcom account, if appropriate, to help troubleshoot and resolve your issue.
PURPOSE AND LEGAL GROUND:
We use this information to provide you with customer and product support and to monitor the quality and types of customer and product support we provide to our customers. The legal ground for processing this information for these purposes is Fjällcom’s and Fjällcom’s legitimate interests in providing quality product support. The legal ground for signing in to your Fjällcom account, if appropriate, to help troubleshoot and resolve your issue is consent, which you may withdraw.
Categories of Recipients of Personal Data
Fjällcom emergency center AND IERCC:
When you use the satellite communication services and trigger an SOS emergency signal, Fjällcom will provide information such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, the message content, time sent, and the identify and location of the message sender and recipient to Fjällcom emergency center and the Fjällcom emergency center International Emergency Response Coordination Center (the "IERCC") provider, and we may also provide this information to competent authorities and first responders, and to members of your family. Fjällcom emergency center and IERCC may also provide such information as required to emergency responders.
SEARCH AND RESCUE AUTHORITIES AND EMERGENCY RESPONDERS:
When you use the satellite communication services and trigger an SOS emergency signal, Fjällcom may also provide information such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, the message content, time sent, and the identify and location of the message sender and recipient to competent search and rescue authorities and emergency responders. Fjällcom emergency center and IERCC may also provide this information as appropriate to competent search and rescue authorities and emergency responders.
If you request as part of our subscription settings, Fjällcom may also provide information such as the message content, time sent, and the identify and location of the message sender and recipient to members of your family identified in your subscription settings.
PEOPLE YOU INVITE TO TRACK YOUR WHEREABOUTS:
You can invite family, friends or others to follow your progress on their computers or mobile devices, using the web-based MapShare portal. The Fjällcom device will send track points at preselected time intervals, so followers can track your whereabouts online. You can also invite your family, friends or others to use MapShare to ping your Fjällcom unit and see your GPS location, track your movements and exchange messages during your trip. You can also embed your MapShare page on a blog, website or social media if you wish.
OTHER SERVICE PROVIDERS:
Fjällcom uses cloud services from third parties such as Google and MailGun to assist in sending emails. Those services track the activities associated with these emails, such as whether they were opened, whether links in the emails were clicked on, and whether purchases were made following clicks on those links. Fjällcom uses this data to analyze the level of engagement with its emails. Fjällcom uses third-party service providers to help us better understand usage of our websites and apps, and for related purposes.
Fjällcom uses MailGun to revieve messages from Fjällcom devices to the Fjällcom APP.
We may disclose personal data about you to others:
- if we have your valid consent to do so;
- to comply with a valid subpoena, legal order, court order, legal process, or other legal obligation;
- to enforce any of our terms and conditions or policies;
- as necessary to pursue available legal remedies or defend legal claims; or
- as we deem necessary or appropriate for purposes of attempting to get you help in the event you are involved in an emergency situation.
Transfers of Personal Data
Fjällcom is a global business. To offer our products, apps and services, we may need to transfer your personal data to other Fjällcom branches in other countries. When you create a Fjällcom account, add personal data in your account profile, or upload data to your Fjällcom account, your personal data will be collected and stored on Fjällcom servers in Israel.
All Fjällcom branches are required to follow the privacy practices set forth in this Privacy Statement.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
If you do not want information collected through the use of these technologies, there is a simple procedure in most browsers that allows you to automatically decline many of these technologies, or to be given the choice of declining or accepting them.
Fjällcom APP and website traffic:
We also collect data from users about their usage of the Fjällcom app, Fjällcom webpage, and Fjällcom mobile app. The types of analytical information that are collected include the date and time the app accesses our servers, app version, the location of the device, language setting, what information and files have been downloaded to the app, user behavior (e.g. features used, frequency of use), device state information, device model, hardware and operating system information, and information relating to how the app functions. Fjällcom uses this data to improve the quality and functionality of Fjällcom apps; to develop and market products and features that best serve you and other users; and to help identify and fix app stability issues and other usability problems as quickly as possible.
The legal ground for processing this analytical information is our legitimate interest in understanding how our customers interact with our products, apps and websites so we can enhance the user experience and functionality of our products, apps and websites.
Here are examples of third-party providers of analytics and similar services we currently use:
Google: Google Analytics is used to track site statistics and user demographics, interests and behavior on websites. We also use Google Search Console to help understand how our website visitors find our website and to improve our search engine optimization. Find out more information about how this analytics information may be used, how to control the use of your information, and how to opt-out of having your data used by Google Analytics.
We request individuals under 16 not to provide personal data to Fjällcom. If we learn that we have collected the personal data from a child under 16, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Retention of Personal Data
We will retain your personal data as long as your Fjällcom account is considered to be active. In addition, see below under "Your Rights" for a description of your right of erasure.
If you reside in the European Union, you have the right under the General Data Protection Regulation to request from Fjällcom access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data, data portability, restriction of processing of your personal data, the right to object to processing of your personal data, and the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. If you reside outside of the European Union, you may have similar rights under your local laws.
To request access to or rectification, portability or erasure of your personal data, or to delete your Fjällcom account, contact Fjällcom representatives.
If you live in the European Union and you wish to exercise your right to restriction of processing or your right to object to processing, contact Fjällcom’s EU Data Protection Officer at Fjällcom Israel by email at email@example.com. If you do not live in the European Union but you believe you have a right to restriction of processing or a right to object to processing under your local laws, please contact Fjällcom at firstname.lastname@example.org.